The Green Village Resort was built in harmony with nature, using eco-friendly materials with a low environmental impact, making it the ideal place to enjoy a sustainable holiday.
This project embodies the values and commitment of the Europa Tourist Group, which since 1972 has been committed to guaranteeing its guests sustainable holidays.
Our commitment to sustainable tourism manifests itself in many ways, touching all spheres of sustainability: environmental sustainability, economic sustainability, and social sustainability.
Our love for our territory has led us to develop a deep responsibility in the use of resources:
- We have redeveloped 12,000 square metres of green area by creating a natural park open to the public: the Green Village Park.
- All green areas are managed according to organic criteria.
- We provide air conditioning in the clubhouse through geothermal energy.
- We have implemented solar panels to promote the use of renewable energy.
- We obtain water conditioning for the swimming pool with whirlpool through geothermal energy.
- We promote food sustainability by cultivating fruit and vegetables used in our restaurant in our countryside with an integrated pest management system. Horticulture guarantees us self-sufficiency from June to September.
- We reduce waste by replacing single-use plastic with biodegradable plastics, paper and glass.
- We promote sustainable mobility on holiday by offering our guests services such as bicycle rental, e-bike rental, charging stations for electric cars and a beach shuttle service to reach the beach without moving the car.
- The entire resort is car-free: guests move around safely on foot or by bicycle and staff travel using electric vehicles.
By creating added value for the local community, Green Village is generating constant growth and making the area grow:
- We select suppliers by favouring local entities that share our values.
- We provide a safe and stable working environment for 50 seasonal employees.
The growth that Green Village Resort has experienced has been made possible thanks to the commitment and support of our employees, and the management of Europa Tourist Group.
The well-being of our employees is our main focus in terms of social sustainability:
- We are committed to providing additional training to ensure greater safety for employees.
- We carry out training courses that focus on well-being in the workplace.
- We have developed an LMS (Learning Management System) platform that provides our employees with technical skills in the use of software, and soft skills for a better relationship with colleagues and guests.
We know we can improve, which is why our commitment to sustainable holidays continues day by day, leading us to be the most sustainable version of ourselves.
This summer experience a slow holiday to rediscover the beauty of nature: choose Green Village Resort in Lignano Sabbiadoro for your Italian sustainable holiday.